The American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) and its members work to design a
more sustainable, livable, and beautiful world. Landscape architects
create city master plans, design ecosystems, develop innovative park
projects like the High Line in New York City, roll out bicycle and
pedestrian infrastructure, and renew residential landscapes. ASLA has more than 15,000 members in the U.S. and around the
ASLA has an opening for a Professional Practice Programs Manager to manage content and maintain a network of experts related to landscape architecture areas of practice, including emerging practice areas and provides oversight for the Society’s professional practice networks including online learning.
Develops and directs Professional Practice Network (PPN) programs, outreach and services and provides counsel and support to the PPNs and assures the flow of technical and practice information to and from the PPNs.
Position description highlights:
- Works with annual meeting staff and PPN members to coordinate annual meeting PPN activities.
- Assesses and develops website content in assigned practice areas and oversees the management and regular updating.
- With other ASLA directors and managers, serves as liaison to and coordinates ASLA participation with other professional and practice-related organizations.
- Helps represent ASLA at trade shows or other meetings of related organizations.
- Serves as staff executive to the Council of Professional Practice Networks and other committees, task forces, and/or representatives as assigned.
Background/Experience: BA degree desired; BLA, MLA, or design or environmental degree helpful.
Skills: Requires demonstrated success in managing multiple/complex projects, organizing workflow, writing/editing for publication, meeting deadlines, and working with members and committees. Strong oral and written communication skills, including ability to target communications for particular audiences. Strong networking and interpersonal skills and ability to provide counsel/guidance to committees and volunteers. Must develop and maintain a strong network and broad knowledge of landscape architects and the landscape architecture profession, especially emerging issues and specialized practice areas. Must be able to identify opportunities and serve as an advocate for the Society and the profession.
Minimum 5 years’ experience in landscape architecture or related design professions. Microsoft Office computer applications required; experience with Adobe InDesign and Acrobat preferred. BA degree required; BLA or MLA helpful.
In-house position located 2 blocks from Gallery Place/Chinatown metro
Submit resume w/cover letter, 2 writing samples, and salary requirement (must be included to be considered) to: HRedprograms@asla.org. Applications with all required information will be considered. No relocation expenses. No phone calls please.