The Landscape Architecture Firm Award is the highest honor that the American Society of Landscape Architects may bestow on a landscape architecture firm.
Purpose: To recognize landscape architecture firms that have produced bodies of distinguished work influencing the professional practice of landscape architecture.
Eligibility: Any firm or successor firms in which the continuing collaboration among individuals of the firm has been the principal force in consistently producing distinguished landscape architecture for a period of at least 10 years.
Number: No more than one (1) award conferred annually.
Selection Process: Conferred by the Board of Trustees.
Criteria for Judging:
- The firm's influence on the direction/profession of landscape architecture.
- The collaborative environment of the firm, evidencing strong communication among specific areas of expertise.
- The consistent quality of the firm's work and its recognition by those who practice landscape architecture, by those who teach landscape architecture, by members of the design and construction community, and by the general public.
All nominations must be submitted in a single black 1/2 inch view binder to ASLA by January 20, 2017, 5:00 pm EST. Each submission binder must display the following items in clear plastic sheet protectors, in the order listed below:
- A brief history of the firm, not to exceed two (2) typewritten pages.
- A list of the firm's achievements, not to exceed two (2) typewritten pages.
- A brief biography of firm principals, not to exceed four (4) typewritten pages, total.
- Up to ten (10) photographs of early, middle, and recent work of the firm.
- Photo of each firm principal, or group photo.
Important Note: Nominations are to be kept confidential. The ASLA Executive Committee will select no more than two finalists for presentation to the Board of Trustees.
ASLA Staff: Carolyn Mitchell, Honors & Awards Coordinator, 202-216-2331, or email@example.com.