Invest in the Future: Support the Landscape Architecture Foundation
The Landscape Architecture Foundation (LAF) invests in research and scholarships to increase our collective capacity to achieve sustainability and cultivate the next generation of design leaders. Since 1986, LAF has awarded over $900,000 in scholarships to nearly 500 students and invested $1.8 million in research initiatives.
• Awarded over $125,000 to students through scholarships, fellowships, and research assistantships.
• Recognized 67 new Olmsted Scholars, including the first undergraduate national winner and finalists.
• Published the 75th Landscape Performance Series (LPS) case study, documenting the environmental, economic, and social benefits of exemplary landscape projects
• Awarded $22,500 to researchers to analyze the LPS content and develop a guidebook on metrics and methods to evaluate landscape performance.
• Awarded $2,500 grants to five faculty to test models for integrating landscape performance into standard landscape architecture courses.
In 2014, LAF will build on this momentum with more scholarship awards, a new guidebook on evaluating landscape performance, a new webinar series, a new clearinghouse of teaching tools for landscape architecture faculty, and even more resources to help you design better and make the case for sustainable landscape solutions.
Consider investing in the Landscape Architecture Foundation in your year-end giving so that LAF can continue to deliver innovative programs and increase its impact at this critical time when the many services and talents of landscape architects are so vitally needed. Show your commitment and give back to the profession by making a tax-deductible contribution online, making an honor or memorial gift, or learn about the many ways to support the Foundation.
The Landscape Architecture Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization with the mission to preserve, improve, and enhance the environment by increasing our collective capacity to achieve sustainability.