Sponsor Spotlight: L.M. Scofield
Scofield, a leading manufacturer of architectural concrete coloring, texturing and performance products, has just released a new system for enhancing hardscape designs while minimizing the Urban Heat Island Effect. SOLACHROME Integral Coloring Treatment for High-SRI Concrete is available in 32 vibrant solar-reflective colors that conform to LEED requirements for reducing the Urban Heat Island Effect through the use of cool pavement technology. It provides permanent, fade-resistant, uniform and streak-free integral color for all types of concrete projects.
SOLACHROME Integral Coloring Treatment should be used on playgrounds, sidewalks, parks, plazas, pool decks, outdoor cafes and restaurants, theme parks, streetscapes, cooling pads – any exterior environment that is subject to sun and heat and where the health and comfort of pedestrians or plants, or lower concrete temperatures is a goal.
SOLACHROME Integral Coloring Treatment has many benefits including:
- Minimizing Urban Heat Island Effect
- Lowering concrete temperatures at the surface and throughout the slab
- Increasing comfort for pedestrians, customers or visitors
- Healthier environment for plants
- Decreasing energy consumption and cooling costs due to reduced heat transfer
- "Clean Color" technology produces brighter, cleaner color
- More vibrant color options to match design intent
- Providing High-SRI "cool pavement" for LEED certification.
Minimizing the Urban Heat Island Effect has many benefits for:
Make outdoor environments more comfortable, inviting and livable for pedestrians by reducing the heat absorbed and radiated by concrete surfaces.
Lower concrete temperatures around landscaping can help plants stay healthier by reducing high soil temperatures in adjacent areas and keeping the air around plants cooler.
Lower concrete temperatures can contribute to reduced energy usage for cooling especially at night. For municipalities this can reduce the likelihood of brownouts and rolling blackouts.
Learn more about SOLACHROME Integral Coloring Treatment at http://www.scofield.com/solachrome-integral-concrete-color.html.
Visit L.M. Scofield Company at the ASLA 2013 Annual Meeting & EXPO in booth number 1332.