Professional Practice Network News
Members of the Professional Practice Networks (PPNs) were recently surveyed about their favorite spaces. Responses were varied and had many insightful comments and suggestions, which will be shared and discussed with everyone here over the next few months.
This week we will focus on the best spaces for lingering.
• Bryant Park, New York City
• Central Park, New York City
• Memorial Union Terrace, University of Wisconsin
• Personal garden, farm, front yard, or backyard
• Yosemite Valley, California.
In addition to the numerous other places that were mentioned, a few themes emerged:
• A place where benches face in to a focal point.
• Anywhere with a good bench and a view of people moving about
• “Where there is shade and seating.”
• Fort Worth Botanic Gardens, Texas
• The redwood grove at the Santa Barbara Botanic Garden.
• Nichols Arboretum, University of Michigan
• Arnold Arboretum, Harvard University.
The water’s edge:
• Colorado River (between Cisco and Moab)
• River Seine, Paris
• Hudson River, New York City
• Chicago River
• Lake Superior
• On the beach -- any beach where the water is clean
• Tide Point Pier, Baltimore
• The sand at Jersey Shore, New Jersey
• West coast of Michigan during summer at sunset.
• The Grand Canyon, Arizona
• Along the Blue Ridge Parkway
• Rittenhouse Square, Philadelphia
• Specifically with activity or people below
• A swing in a garden that overlooks a lake, a stream, or the mountains
• Viewing a beach or a mountain.