Professional Practice Network News
Members of the Professional Practice Networks (PPNs) were recently surveyed about their favorite spaces. Responses were varied and had many insightful comments and suggestions, which will be shared and discussed with everyone here over the next few months.
This week we will focus on the best spaces to move through.
We received a lot of unique ideas and suggestions. The following were mentioned more than once:
- Battery Park, New York City
- Campuses: Michigan State University, the Louisiana State University quadrangle, University of Washington Arboretum
- Central Park, New York City
- FDR Memorial, Washington, D.C.
- Golden Gate Park and Bridge, San Francisco
- The Grand Canyon, Arizona
- Grand Central Terminal, New York City
- The High Line, New York City
- Millennium Park, Chicago
- The National Mall, Washington, D.C.
- A prairie
- Times Square, New York City.
In addition to the numerous other places that were mentioned, a few suggestions stuck out:
- A pergola dripping with fragrant flowers on a summer day
- A tree-lined bicycle path
- Detroit airport terminal tunnel
- Graceland Cemetery, Chicago
- The pathways through the watershed areas of Reston, Virginia
- Naumkeag, Stockbridge, Massachusetts. “A series of garden rooms both inward and outward looking lead one through the spaces, with a few surprises along the way.”
- One of the moose-made trails at the Grand Tetons. “You never know ‘who’ or ‘what’ you'll meet!”
- Sequoia National Park walking trail. “The scale of trees vs. humans is awesome.”
- Ganna Walska Lotusland, California.