WHAT: Join the world’s largest gathering of landscape architecture professionals at the American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) 2011 Annual Meeting and EXPO. With the biggest exposition in the show’s history, the event will feature the latest products and leading experts in the world of outdoor design and sustainability. The show takes place at the San Diego Convention Center October 30 to November 2.
Highlighted speakers include:
- 9/11 Memorial Landscape Architect Peter Walker, FASLA
- Author Richard Louv, on Nature Deficit-Disorder
- Journalist Charles Montgomery, on creating Happy Cities
- The hottest products representing the top outdoor living trends like outdoor kitchens, fire pits and furniture
- The travelling Ten Tree project, located at the square right at the foot of 5th Avenue
- Cutting edge green technology like green roofs and no-chemical pools
- Children in costume trick or treating among 450 exhibitors (Monday)
MEDIA: Working journalists can receive complimentary press passes, providing access to the EXPO floor, 116 presentations, the main general sessions and the working press room. The press room includes food, beverages, workstations and hardline Internet access. Those interested can contact Jim Lapides at firstname.lastname@example.org, 202-21-2371 or 314-707-8823 (on site).
Learn more about the show at www.asla.org/2011meeting.