Introduction to Rooftop Urban Agriculture, Washington, D.C.
Date: 3/4/2014 - 3/6/2014
Location(s): District of Columbia
This course – the first of its kind in North America at the time of its launch in December 2010 – discusses multiple approaches to growing food on rooftops through design and maintenance principles, and case studies drawn from across North America. Learn about:
- The diversity of physical applications of urban agriculture and the growing technologies that apply
- The social, environmental and economic benefits of urban agriculture and rooftop farming
- The governance, personnel and economic options for implementing urban agriculture and rooftop farming systems and operations
- The conditions that lead to a successful urban agriculture project
- Strategies for overcoming common challenges associated with developing an urban agriculture/rooftop farming project
- Basic installation and maintenance principles.
Includes an 85-page course manual. Visit the website to learn more.