ASLA Inducts 41 Landscape Architects To Council Of Fellows
Architects Recognized for Design, Leadership, and Professional Contributions
WASHINGTON, DC, October 10, 2005– The American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) has inducted 41 landscape architects to its Council of Fellows, a designation that acknowledges extraordinary work, leadership, knowledge, and service to the landscape architecture profession over a sustained period of time. It is one of the highest honors ASLA may confer upon a landscape architect. The new Fellows were formally inducted during the ASLA Annual Meeting in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, on Saturday, October 8, 2005.
Fellows are nominated in one of four categories: works of landscape architecture; administrative work; knowledge; and service to the profession. This year, 20 chapters are represented, with the Potomac and Florida Chapters each boasting four new Fellows and Southern California, Northern California, Boston, and Maryland with three.
"This is a new era of involvement and advocacy for the Council of Fellows and the 2005 Class certainly lives up to that billing,” said Robert Weygand, FASLA, chair of the Council of Fellows. “Each of these new members has a rich background in advancing our Society and our roles as stewards of our planet.”
The 41 members of the 2005 Class of Fellows include:
· William Anglin, Jr., FASLA, Orlando, Fla.
· Alfred Bohling, FASLA, Columbus Junction, Iowa
· Sheila Brady, FASLA, Washington, D.C.
· Frank Brower, FASLA, San Diego, Calif.
· Jeffrey Carbo, FASLA, Alexandria, La.
· John Paul Carman, FASLA, Medford, N.J.
· Craig Cawrse, FASLA, Chagrin Falls, Ohio
· Gordon Chappell, FASLA, Williamsburg, Va.
· Sandra Clinton, FASLA, Hyattsville, Md.
· Bernie Dahl, FASLA, West Lafayette, Ind.
· Dickson DeMarche, FASLA, Wilton, Conn.
· Alain deVergie, FASLA, Fort Washington, Md.
· Jim Donovan, FASLA, Charlotte, Vt.
· Stephen Ervin, FASLA, Lexington, Mass.
· Rene Fransen, FASLA, New Orleans, La.
· Sandra Gonzalez, FASLA, Long Beach, Calif.
· Sonja Johansson, FASLA, Lincoln, Mass.
· Daniel Jones, FASLA, Bellefonte, Pa.
· Carl Kelemen, FASLA, Roslyn, Pa.
· Daniel Krall, FASLA, Ithaca, N.Y.
· Alon Kvashny, FASLA, Lubbock, Texas
· Donald Leary, FASLA, Perrysburg, Ohio
· Lloyd Lindley II, FASLA, Portland, Ore.
· David Eric Locke, FASLA, Towson, Md.
· Gerald Marston, FASLA, Coral Gables, Fla.
· Lauren Melendrez, FASLA, Los Angeles, Calif.
· Margret Mori, FASLA, San Francisco, Calif.
· Charles Oliver, FASLA, Pompano Beach, Fla.
· Michael Redd, FASLA, North Palm Beach, Fla.
· Douglas Reed, FASLA, Watertown, Mass.
· Stephanie Rolley, FASLA, Manhattan, Kan.
· Paul Scardina, FASLA, San Carlos, Calif.
· Glen Schmidt, FASLA, San Diego, Calif.
· Peter Simone, FASLA, Berwyn, Pa.
· Jack Sullivan, FASLA, College Park, Md.
· Robert Tilson, FASLA, Vienna, Va.
· Don Vaughan, FASLA, West Vancouver, British Columbia
· E.Michael Vergason, FASLA, Alexandria, Va.
· Katherine Weidel, FASLA, Lyndhurst, N.J.
· John Wong, FASLA, Sausalito, Calif.
· Joan Woodward, FASLA, La Canada Flintridge, Calif.
For more information on the Council of Fellows, visit http://www.asla.org/Members/FASLA_2005.htm.