ASLA Government Affairs Unveils New, Redesigned Advocacy Network
ASLA government affairs is proud to announce the launch of the newly designed Advocacy Network, a web-based grassroots advocacy tool that allows ASLA advocates to reach out to their federal and state legislators using email and social media in as little as three clicks. Since the launch on February 10, more than 1,300 advocates have visited the site, including more than 350 who have sent messages and/or tweets.
New features of the ASLA Advocacy Network include:
• Easier navigation—take just one step to send a message to your elected officials, and the new system will remember you!
• Enhanced Twitter functionality—join ASLA campaigns to tweet at your elected officials.
• Robust content—learn more about ASLA’s key issue areas and legislation.
• News and updates—stay informed on federal and state issues that affect the landscape architecture profession.
• Multimedia resources—view videos and animations that highlight the work of landscape architects.
Using the new Advocacy Network, the government affairs team can send “action alerts” that allow users to immediately swing into action and send messages in just a few clicks. New Mexico Chapter member Robert Loftis, ASLA, gave his immediate reaction after sending a message to his legislators stating, “It took me less than 10 seconds and three clicks to respond to the alert. Wow!”
“ASLA has always enjoyed an active grassroots following. But the new Advocacy Network will now make it easier for our advocates to become even more engaged in our grassroots campaigns,” remarks Roxanne Blackwell, director of Federal Government Affairs.
ASLA appreciates the past efforts of its members to enhance the voice of landscape architects on Capitol Hill and in state legislatures across the country and looks forward to making that voice even louder and more effective in the future. Stay tuned to the Advocacy Network.
Register HERE to receive ASLA advocacy announcements and action alerts. For more information or assistance with the network, contact Legislative Analyst Leighton Yates at email@example.com.