users with the latest information on everything from conferences and
meetings to calls for papers, requests for qualifications, consulting
opportunities, and competitions. Below, an upcoming event in Oregon.
The conference will bring together 350-400 delegates world renowned experts, elected officials, practitioners and scholars in planning, public health, urban design, architecture, landscape architecture, and social sciences to better understand how the environment affects health and well-being, to review effective planning strategies and visionary designs, and to learn from the most successful solutions around the world.
- Reclaiming the public realm
- Active Mobility and Complete Streets
- Food environments
- Green cities
- Achieving neighborhood health equity
- Healthy, equitable land use and urban planning
- Family-friendly housing
- Building lifetime community districts
- Reshaping suburban sprawl
- Integrating public health and planning
- A healthy city for children
- Preventing and ending homelessness
- Generating community participation
- Learning from Portland.
Those wishing to present papers should submit a 250 word abstract for consideration before December 20, 2013. Please submit online.