Support the Landscape Architecture Foundation (LAF) Olmsted Scholars Program, Landscape Performance Series, and Case Study Investigation (CSI) program by:
- Attending or sponsoring LAF's 28th Annual Benefit
- Making a donation to be entered to win an all-expense-paid trip to
Seattle with designer-led tours, including Gas Works Park with Rich
LAF Annual Benefit
Join top designers and leaders from practice, academia, and industry for Rising Tide, LAF's 28th Annual Benefit, held in conjunction with the ASLA Annual Meeting & EXPO. The event takes place on Friday, November 15, 7:00-10:30 p.m., at the Boston Harbor Hotel's Wharf Room. Enjoy spectacular harbor views, live music, fabulous local food, and an open bar as LAF celebrates the rising tide of landscape performance and the next generation of leaders in the profession.
- Meet the 2013 Olmsted Scholars, including the recipient of the prestigious $25,000 national award and the first winner of the new $15,000 undergraduate award.
- Learn about the growing impact of the Landscape Performance Series, including preliminary results from an analysis of the first 60 Case Study Briefs.
LAF is honored to have Ironsmith as the Lead Sponsor for the benefit. Purchase Annual Benefit tickets or learn about opportunities for sponsorship.
Sustainable Destination Sweepstakes
Make a donation and register to win a one-of-a-kind trip for two to Seattle, featuring tours of some of the city's most acclaimed landscape architecture projects led by the designers themselves. The prize package includes roundtrip airfare, four nights' lodging, meal and transportation stipends, tickets to the Woodinville Wine Trail tour, and more.
Sites and tour leaders include:
- Gas Works Park with Richard Haag, Richard Haag Associates
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Headquarters with Jennifer Guthrie, Gustafson Guthrie Nichol
- Olympic Sculpture Park with Julie Parrett, Seattle Design Commissioner, formerly with Charles Anderson Landscape Architecture
- Woodland Park Zoo's Zoomazium and Humboldt Penguin Exhibit with Deb Guenther, Mithun, and Becca Hanson, Studio Hanson/Roberts
- Bloedel Reserve with Thaisa Way, University of Washington
The winner will be drawn on November 17 at the LAF Booth (#1049) at the ASLA Annual Meeting & EXPO. Entrants need not be present to win. Learn more and register online.
All proceeds from both the Annual Benefit and Sweepstakes support LAF's research and scholarship programs, which increase our collective capacity to achieve sustainability through landscape architecture.