2013 Awards Call for Entries Issued
Outstanding juries named for professional and student awards programs.
ASLA has released its 2013 Awards Call for Entries for the 2013 professional and student awards, the premiere awards programs for the profession. Award recipients will receive featured coverage in the October issue of Landscape Architecture Magazine and in many other design and construction industry and general-interest media.
The prestige of the ASLA awards programs relies on the high-caliber juries that are convened each year to review submissions. Members of this year’s professional awards jury are:
• Thomas Oslund, FASLA, oslund.and.assoc, Minneapolis, chair
• James Burnett, FASLA, The Office of James Burnett, Solana Beach, California
• Meg Calkins, ASLA, Ball State University, Muncie, Indiana
• Jeffrey Carbo, FASLA, Jeffrey Carbo Landscape Architects, Alexandria, Louisiana
• Claude Cormier, ASLA, Claude Cormier + Associés Inc., Montréal
• Kristina Floor, FASLA, SmithGroupJJR, Phoenix
• David Kamp, FASLA, Dirtworks, PC, New York City
• Nancy Levinson, Places Journal, San Francisco
• Christian Zimmerman, FASLA, Prospect Park Alliance, Brooklyn, New York
Members of the student awards jury are:
• Mikyoung Kim, ASLA, Mikyoung Kim Design, Boston, chair
• Michael Blier, ASLA, Landworks Studio Inc., Boston
• Kerry Blind, FASLA, Pond & Company, Atlanta
• James Coffman, ASLA, Coffman Studio, Tempe, Arizona
• Gina Ford, ASLA, Sasaki Associates, Inc., Watertown, Massachusetts
• Lucy Lawliss, ASLA, National Park Service, Colonial Beach, Virginia
• Peter Osler, ASLA, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago
• Inga Saffron, The Philadelphia Inquirer, Philadelphia
• Cathy Simon, Perkins + Will, San Francisco
Both the ASLA Professional and ASLA Student Awards feature five categories: General Design; Residential Design; Analysis and Planning; Communications; and Research(cosponsored by the Council of Educators in Landscape Architecture). The professional awards also include The Landmark Award, while the student awards include the Student Community Service Award and Student Collaboration categories.
Entry forms and payment must be received by:
• Friday, February 8, 2013, for ASLA Professional Awards
• Friday, April 26, 2013, for ASLA Student Awards.
Submission binders must be received by:
• Friday, February 22, 2013, for ASLA Professional Awards
• Friday, May 17, 2013, for ASLA Student Awards.
In need of inspiration? View the ASLA 2012 Professional and Student award-winning projects. You can also view this year's Awards cenermony in Phoenix here.