Green drinks with the Indiana USGBC.
May 9, 2012, from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
121 West Wayne Street
Fort Wayne, IN 46802
Come out and enjoy a cold beverage as you network with members of the sustainability community.
Public and Accessibility: A Place for All People
Thursday, May 17, 2012, 12:00 p.m.–Saturday, May 19, 2012, until 3:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)
Courtyard by Marriott
125 Calhoun Street
Charleston, South Carolina 29401
Restoration 2012: Beyond Borders
Tuesday, May 15, 2012–Friday, May 18, 2012
Four of the Northwest's premiere ecological restoration and fisheries organizations are coming together to present Restoration 2012: Beyond Borders, May 15–18 in Victoria, B.C.
The event will focus on exploring our knowledge of ecosystem and habitat restoration and natural resource management across natural and man-made borders such as:
- the interfaces between marine, freshwater, and terrestrial ecosystems
- political and cultural borders
- urban/rural/natural interfaces
- adaptation across climate change
- social and economic changes that drive land use and land use goals
- new tools in natural channel geomorphic-based restoration planning, design, and wood applications
- changes in the role and capacity of government, business, and the nonprofit sector.
From climate change to trade to plant and animal population dynamics, adapting to and managing interconnectivity between complex systems across borders is critical to maintaining the ecological, cultural, and economic sustainability of the Pacific Northwest.
Registration is now open: http://restoration2012.org/registration.
Location: University of Victoria, Victoria, B.C.
Cost (EARLY): Nonmember $420;SER/AFS Member $225; Student Nonmember $150; Student SER/AFS Member $100
Contact: Betsy Bermingham, ASLA
720 Olive Way, Suite 1900
Seattle, WA 98101