Fellowship is among the highest honors the ASLA bestows on members and recognizes the contributions of these individuals to their profession and society at large based on their works, leadership and management, knowledge, and service. The designation of Fellow is conferred on individuals in recognition of exceptional accomplishments over a sustained period of time. Individuals considered for this distinction must be full members of ASLA in good standing for at least ten years and must be recommended to the Council of Fellows by the Executive Committee of their local chapter, the Executive Committee of the ASLA, or the Executive Committee of the Council of Fellows.
The 2015 call for nominations is now open. Lists of eligible members were sent to chapter representatives on Friday, September 26. Notices to individual eligible members were sent during the week of October 6. Please note, these notices indicate that the member has ten or more continuous years of membership, the notice does not imply that the member has been nominated for fellowship.
The deadline for chapter nominations to ASLA is Friday, February 27, 2015, 11:59pm Pacific time. Please see the following FAQ's:
- Please send large files (Works category) through a share file system, otherwise smaller files may be emailed directly to email@example.com.
- The Executive Summary at beginning does not have to have a box around it but should have a header.
- Do not shade side boxes and testimonial boxes. Shading becomes difficult to read after photocopying. Please use black-lined borders only.
- Nomination forms should be signed by the Chapter Presidents only. Also the Chapter President should sign the five-page nomination statement. The last paragraph of the five-page statement should be a summary by the chapter president.
- Each chapter should send a full list of nominees to firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure that all nominations are received at ASLA.
Listen to a recording of the webinar on nomination preparation held on January 21, 2015. Download a PDF of the power point presentation.
Please contact Curt Millay (email@example.com) if you have any questions.