Each year, ASLA advocates travel from across the country to Washington, D.C. to advocate for policy issues important to the landscape architecture profession. During their congressional visits, landscape architects strive to raise the visibility of the profession with legislators and key staff and educate them on the many ways that landscape architects provide solutions to a myriad of problems facing our nation.
ASLA Advocacy Day 2013 Schedule of Events
ASLA Government Affairs Training Webinars
Wednesday, April 24, 2013
Advocacy Day Education and Training
Grand Hyatt Hotel
Room Constitution AB
- 2013 Membership Boot Camp 3:00-5:00PM TBA
- 2013 Advocacy Day Boot Camp 5:00–6:00PM. Featuring Advocacy Guru Stephanie Vance.
Thursday, April 25, 2013
Grand Hyatt Hotel and Capitol Hill
- Breakfast 7:00–9:00AM Grand Hyatt Constitution AB featuring ASLA president Tom Tavella, FASLA.
- Capitol Hill meetings with U.S. Senators and member of Congress and congressional staff. 9:00AM-4:00PM (times will vary based on your individualized meeting schedule)
- ASLA Advocacy Day Luncheon 12:00-2:00 PM United States Capital Visitors Center, Congressional Auditorium Atrium featuring Congressman Tom Petri (WI) and Representative Doris Matsui (CA).
- ASLA Advocacy Day Wrap-Up Reception 5:30-7:30PM Grand Hyatt Hotel Room Constitution AB
If this is your first time visiting a Congressional office, you have no need to worry. Your friendly government affairs team has assembled a wealth of resources to help you make the most out of your visits. Click "Know Before You Go" below, for a wealth of tools and resources to help you prepare for Advocacy Day 2013.
ASLA Advocacy Day 2012 Homepage
For more information on ASLA's Advocacy Day, contact Government Affairs Manager, Kevin O’Hara, firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.216.2370.