The American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) seeks to design a more sustainable, livable, and beautiful world. Landscape architects create city master plans, design ecosystems, develop innovative park projects like the High Line in New York City, roll out bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure, and renew residential landscapes. ASLA represents some 16,000 landscape architects in the U.S. and around the world
Nature of the Position:
- Provides administrative and programmatic support for the ASLA Professional Practice Networks (PPNs), Landscape Architecture Technical Information Series (LATIS), Historic American Landscape Survey (HALS) and other professional practice programs and services.
- Provides day-to-day operational support for the PPNs.
- Assists with posting and management for PPN LinkedIn groups.
- Assists with posting and management for PPN blog.
- Contributes to articles for ASLA's web publication, LAND.
- Serves as staff liaison and provides support for HALS Chapter Liaisons and the HALS Subcommittee of the Historic Preservation PPN.
- Administers regular Web site updates in assigned practice areas.
- Works with annual meeting staff and PPN members to coordinate annual meeting PPN activities.
- Helps represent ASLA at trade shows or other meetings of related organizations.
- Coordinates online publication and distribution of the LATIS reports, reviews LATIS publications for LA CES; processes and reports on LATIS exams and tracks evaluations of LATIS reports.
Bachelor’s degree required; landscape architecture or related design degree a plus.
Proficiency in verbal, written and interpersonal communication. Excellent writing and organizational skills with special attention to details. Facility with Microsoft Office applications required, Adobe helpful.
Qualified applicants should send a resume, cover letter, salary requirements and salary history, and at least one writing sample to HRPPC@asla.org. NO PHONE CALLS. Must include all items in order to be considered.