The American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) seeks to design a more sustainable, livable, and beautiful world. Landscape architects create city master plans, design ecosystems, develop innovative park projects like the High Line in New York City, roll out bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure, and renew residential landscapes. ASLA represents some 16,000 landscape architects in the U.S. and around the world
Nature of the Position:
- Provides administrative and programmatic support for the ASLA Professional Practice Networks (PPNs), Landscape Architecture Technical Information Series (LATIS), Historic American Landscape Survey (HALS) and other professional practice programs and services.
- Provides day-to-day operational support for the PPNs.
- Assists the PPN Manager with the PPN professional development / online learning initiative.
- Serves as staff executive for the HALS Subcommittee and supports other PPN committees as needed.
- Administers the PPNs online presence and member outreach including PPN LinkedIn Groups, The Field blog, bi-weekly articles for LAND and oversees management and regular updating of website content.
- Coordinates online publication and distribution of the LATIS (Landscape Architecture Technical Information Series) reports, reviews LATIS publications for LA CES; processes and reports on LATIS exams and tracks evaluations of LATIS reports.
- Helps represent ASLA at trade shows or other meetings of related organizations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: BA or BS; degree in liberal arts, English, communications, landscape architecture or related design field preferred.
Skills: Proficiency in verbal, written, and interpersonal communication. Excellent organizational skills, good judgment, and attention to detail. Ability to balance heavy workload with short- and long-term project deadlines, address changing priorities, and work well under pressure. Facility with Microsoft Office computer applications required; experience with Adobe applications helpful.
Experience: Two-years’ experience in association or other program administration with writing/editing responsibilities. Must be interested in developing and maintaining a broad knowledge of landscape architects and the landscape architecture profession, especially specialized practice areas and emerging issues.
Please submit resume, cover letter, salary history of past 2 positions, salary requirement and a writing sample to HRPPC@asla.org. In order to be considered, all requested material must be submitted. No phone calls, principles only.