The American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) seeks to design a more sustainable, livable, and beautiful world. Landscape architects create city master plans, design ecosystems, develop innovative park projects like the High Line in New York City, roll out bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure, and renew residential landscapes. ASLA represents some 16,000 landscape architects in the U.S. and around the world.
ASLA is currently recruiting for a Membership Marketing and Chapter Relations Manager. The Manager will provide support for ASLA chapters and work with the Director, Member and Chapter Services to achieve membership recruitment, engagement and retention goals. This position manages the relationship with chapters and coordinates the Society’s membership recruitment and retention programs. The Membership Marketing and Chapter Relations Manager:
- Assists in the creating, planning, and implementation of chapter-based and national membership recruitment and retention programs.
- Assists in identifying, creating, planning, and developing new chapter programs and services.
The Membership Marketing and Chapter Relations Manager is staff liaison to 48 chapters, providing support to Chapter Leaders pertaining to ASLA services and resources, member recruitment and retention campaigns, and chapter relations. The Membership Marketing and Chapter Relations Manager:
- Acts as staff liaison in support of Chapter Presidents Council.
- Manages the development and production of the monthly chapter membership email: Membership Minute.
- Manages the development and hosting of the quarterly membership chair conference calls.
- Coordinates chapter leadership visits from association staff and national leaders.
- Coordinates student chapter activities, including ASLA’s presence at LA BASH.
- Manages chapter and student pages on www.asla.org.
- Staffs the ASLA booth at annual trade show and other events.
- Provides backup support for other member services staff as needed.
Must have college degree; experience with iMIS a plus.
Proficient in verbal, written and interpersonal communication. Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail. Strong team work skills and demonstrated ability to work with volunteer leadership. Ability to balance workload with short- and long-term project deadlines, and work well under pressure. Microsoft Office and iMIS database computer applications; experience with Adobe, and basic html programming helpful.
A minimum of 3 years experience in association/nonprofit membership marketing or chapter relations is required.
To apply please send cover letter, salary history, salary requirement, and resume to email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS please. All material must be included in order to be considered.