Meetings and Special Programs Associate Manager
The American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) seeks to design a more sustainable, livable, and beautiful world. Landscape architects create city master plans, design ecosystems, develop innovative park projects like the High Line in New York City, roll out bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure, and renew residential landscapes. ASLA represents some 16,000 landscape architects in the U.S. and around the world.
The Meeting and Special Programs Associate Manager provides logistical and administrative support for all ASLA onsite and offsite meetings, the ASLA Annual Meeting & EXPO, the Midyear Meeting, the Advocacy and PR Summit, LAAB Meeting, Jury meetings, and other meetings and events as assigned, and the ASLA Council of Fellows.
- Organizes the logistics for all in-house meetings and events to include catering, audio/visual requirements, and room set up; and works with the office staff to ensure that the in-house conference center is equipped with the appropriate supplies to support all in-house meetings.
- Helps staff identify their meeting requirements for all on-site and offsite meetings; solicits proposals from hotels, conference centers, and event and other venues, as well as supplier proposals for audio/visual, staffing, transportation and F&B; develops meeting specifications; provides onsite set-up and support, and reconciles all meeting invoices.
- Working with representatives from outside organizations, organizes the logistics for all outside groups utilizing ASLA meeting and event space
- Assists ASLA leadership and staff in securing transportation and hotel arrangements when necessary.
- Working with the director, helps plan and implement the varying components of the annual meeting including, but not limited to, room block management, staging guide development, supplier RFP’s and vendor selection, signage and supply orders, shipping, transportation, and planning special events including the Alumni Reunion, Gala, Fellows Dinner, President’s Dinner, and other events.
- Working with the director, manages the logistics for all annual meeting and event functions held at the headquarters hotel.
- Working with the director, manages all of the logistical arrangements for annual meeting field sessions, including transportation, offsite venue selection, supplier contracts, and F&B.
- Working with the director, manage the annual Student Volunteer Program at the annual meeting.
- Supports the Corporate Secretary in the administration of the Council of Fellows program and the planning of the Council of Fellows Investiture Dinner at the Annual Meeting.
- Reconciles all meeting and event invoices and helps track meeting expenses.
- Helps track historical data on meeting and event logistics, including registration, room block performance, venues, and menus.
- Handles meeting and special programs registration and housing inquiries.
- Plans all annual staff events.
- Supports the director in the administration of ASLA meetings and other duties as assigned.
- Education: BA degree; or equivalent training and experience. CMP a plus, but not required.
- Skills: Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills a must, as well as excellent organizational skills with attention to detail. Ability to balance workload with short- and long-term project deadlines, address changing priorities, and work well under pressure. Microsoft Office computer applications required; experience with Adobe, Macromedia Dreamweaver, and basic html programming helpful.
- Experience: Three-to-four years’ experience in association/nonprofit program support and meeting planning.
To apply please send resume, cover letter, salary history of past two positions, salary requirement to HRmeetings@asla.org. No phone calls, please. Principals only.