The American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) seeks to design a more sustainable, livable, and beautiful world. Landscape architects create city master plans, design ecosystems, develop innovative park projects like the High Line in New York City, roll out bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure, and renew residential landscapes. ASLA represents nearly 16,000 landscape architects in the U.S. and around the world.
ASLA has an opening for a Web & Graphic Designer.
- Conceptualizing, designing, and developing websites, site-lets, and promotional web pages for asla.org
- Working with team members to maintain interactive standards for design and usability and enforcing accountability when standards are not met
- Coordinating the posting of web content with web manager and staff
- Creating and contributing to documentation (content/site maps, wireframes, functional design specifications)
- Developing recommendations to improve site usability and further develop online brand
- Serving as liaison with external web consultant.
- Using advanced knowledge of typography, layout, photography, illustration, and other graphic design skills to develop a family of briefs, pamphlets, buttons, signage, ads, and other materials in support of specific initiatives
- Working with internal business units – membership, government advocacy, professional practice, and chapter marketing teams – on the design and development of print material
- Coordinating with outside vendors for related print production.
- Maintaining the ASLA brand identity and messaging as it refers to specific campaigns, print collateral, and websites
- Creating and maintaining visual identities, including logos for specific business units and campaigns.
Education and Skills Required
Four to six years.
Please send cover letter, resume, salary history and requirement, and three web and design samples or online portfolio weblink to HRweb@asla.org. Visit our website at www.asla.org