Colorado (emcompassing Wyoming)
Colorado Chapter —
The Governor of Colorado proclaimed April National Landscape Architecture Month.
Name of activity:
1. Public display of last year’s awards boards for ½ of March and all of April,
2. Courtney McRickard will be appearing on local television to promote landscape architecture and what our profession can do to elevate home values
3. Annual participation in Doors Open Denver
Date: Mid March-April
Location: Downtown Denver
Additional sponsors or participating organizations: AIA is the main sponsor of Doors Open Denver in conjunction with the City of Denver
Brief description of event:
1. Last 2 weeks of March, ASLA Colorado will be displaying last year’s awards board in the newly renovated public urban plaza in one of Downtown Denver’s tallest office building. For the month of April, we will be displaying all awards boards in the 3rd floor of the Denver Public Library.
2. Courtney McRickard appearing on ‘Colorado and Co’, a local morning show to promote the profession and what landscape architects can do to increase property values during the economic downturn.
3. Please visit www.denvergov.org/doorsopendenver.com for more information
Is this event open to the public? All events are open to public
Contact person on the day of the event: ongoing event, Courtney McRickard
Day-of contact phone: 720-217-3580